Thursday, December 21, 2006
IPA would like to thank everyone for their support of IPA's Holiday Luncheon and for their support of Rupert's Kids
IPA is pleased to announce that its Holiday Luncheon was a success, and that due to the generous support of the participants and lawfirms, we exceeded our fundraising goal that went directly to benefit Rupert's Kids! Rupert's Kids is a non-profit organization designed to empower youth to discover their inner strengths, realize their own self worth and their value to society.
Among other things, the goals of Rupert's Kids are as follows:
1. Provide mentoring and educational programming to youth.
2. Develop housing options for low-income families.
3. Foster community partnership, which serve youth and families.
4. Facilitate delivery of financial assistance and/or services to youth, low-income and homeless families in the areas of education, vocational training and job placement.
5. Develop committed volunteers and donors to provide resources of time, money and property.
The program is designed to teach valuable job skills and instill a sense of confidence and self worth that will lead each of the members of Rupert's Kids towards stable housing, employment and relationships which, in turn, will help them become independent contributing members of their communities.
Check out Rupert's Kids' website. (click here).